To celebrate the summer of sport, we’ve got three £50 Tesco vouchers to give away to our Twitter followers. The first one is below, taken from England’s 2-0 win over Trinidad and Tobago in 2006. Brent Sancho is trying to get the better of Wayne Rooney, but where’s the ball gone?
We’ve marked the image into a grid. To take part, just pick where you think the ball should be, follow @tescophoneshop on Twitter, and tweet us the coordinate you think the ball is in with the hashtag #TPSSpottheBall. We’ll then do a sweepstake of all the correct answers and picking one winner at random to grab £50 to spend at Tesco… maybe on a new mobile? One entry per person – we’ll be checking, and if you tweet more than one coordinate you won’t be eligible to win, so pick carefully!
Competition closes at 13:00 on Wednesday 18th June 2014, but there will be two more to follow.
Terms and Conditions
1) Competition entrants must be 18 years or over and residing in the UK. The competition is not open to employees of Tesco and their immediate families or anyone professionally connected to the competition.
2) To enter the competition, you must follow @tescophoneshop and have tweeted your coordinates where you think the ball is hidden along with the hashtag #TPSSpottheball e.g. @tescophoneshop A1 #TPSSpottheBall
3) The competition closes at 13:00 on Wednesday 18th June 2014. Email entries received after 13:00 on Wednesday 18th June 2014 will not be eligible to win. Proof of transmission is not proof of receipt.
4) The entry instructions form part of the rules. By entering, you agree to accept and be bound by the rules.
5) Prize: £50 Tesco voucher
6) There is no cash or alternative to the prize stated, and the prize is not transferable.
7) Winner selection: The winner will be selected within 48 hours after the competition closing date. All of the correct answers will be put together and a winner will be chosen at random. Only one entry per twitter address permitted. Tesco’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
8) Winner notification: The winner of the competition will be notified by private message within twitter, within 48 hours of the end of the competition period. If for any reason (including the winner’s failure to provide correct contact details) a winner fails to respond to communication within 5 working days of the initial date of Tesco’s twitter notification, Tesco reserves the right to award the prize to a reserve entrant selected in the same manner who will be deemed the winner.
9) The promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value should circumstances outside its control make this necessary.
10) From the date that the winner responds to Tesco’s notification, please allow 28 days for Tesco, at it’s cost, to arrange for delivery of the prize to the winner at a UK address supplied to Tesco when the winner responds to Tesco’s notification.
12) Tesco may use the personal details supplied for the purposes of administration of the competition. No personally identifiable information will be retained without the customer’s consent.
13) The promoter reserves the right to cancel, amend, withdraw, terminate or temporarily suspend this promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances or technical reason outside its reasonable control, with no liability to any entrants or third parties but will use all reasonable endeavours to avoid consumer disappointment.
14) The application and interpretation of these terms and conditions shall be governed by the law of England and Wales and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any dispute concerning them.
15) Promoter: Tesco means Tesco Stores Limited at Tesco House, Delamare Road, Cheshunt, Hertfordshire, EN8 9SL.